My Photo
Name:
Location: New Delhi, India

Monday, February 19, 2007

When thousands die everyday because of hunger, war, disease, hatred...A wise man once said, 'Is there nothing else in this world other than 'you' and 'me' and 'us' and 'we'?...
When millions perish unnoticed...is it okay to drudge mechanically, making lives, building careers?...
When we hear of genocide...is it enough to shed a few tears, heave a sigh and have intelligent conversation about the meaningless suffering?...
How are we to make a 'difference' to this world, sitting in offices, manoeuvring a mouse? Who will help those who need to be taught about health and rights and education and life?...If all of us do our 'own thing' and pretend that such people, such a state does not exist...is only a figment of imagination...a cinematic illusion on screen, to viewed in awe amid mouthfuls of popcorn and coke...then who will make a 'difference'?...
Sometimes I wish I could go to a remote part of Africa and serve a greater cause...But these are just thoughts...Tomorrow I will go to office as usual...And I will fit in perfectly in the jigsaw called 'modern life' and will forget all about these ponderings...till another film or book will cause a Catharsis of emotions...and I will again sit down to write about what I feel I must do...Then I will feel noble and virtuous and moral and right...and then will I slip into a slumberous satisfaction...But never will I go to Africa...

2 Comments:

Blogger slothful guzzler said...

oh we'r all the same..some just think about it and others actually take up the effort to write about it

11:34 PM  
Blogger Shutapa Paul said...

yeah...but I wonder who will take the pain of actually doing something about it...

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home